We are delighted to announce that Mick McDonagh joined the Liberty team on 1 October 2012.
Prior to joining Liberty, Mick was Head of Private Equity for KPMG Corporate Finance in the UK where he was a Partner for over 10 years managing the firm’s private equity relationships
He has a specific focus on management advisory work and over the past 12 months has advised the management teams in the following transactions:
• Sparrows – on its c£147m secondary MBO backed by AEA Investors
• Mercury Pharma – on its £465m secondary MBO backed by Cinven
• SHL – on its $650m sale to CEB Inc
• Bellpenny – on its finance raising from Oaktree Capital
• Asco – on its £250m secondary MBO backed by Doughty Hanson
Whilst at KPMG, Mick also provided all the private equity input on a number of landmark disposal processes including:
• Bestinvest (sold to 3i plc)
• Bodycote Materials Testing (sold to CD&R)
• Card Factory (sold to Charterhouse)
• LGC (sold to Bridgepoint Capital)
• Notemachine (sold to Corsair)
Simon and Steve commented; "We are both thrilled to have someone of Mick's calibre joining the business. Mick joins Liberty at an exciting time, with new offices in Cranfield and London and recent investment in both marketing and support staff, we expect to see an increase in our presence in the private equity market and continued success in completing transactions with existing and new clients."